It has been nine months since I published my first post and joined this wonderful world of the real and the surreal: The Blogosphere. The experience has changed me quite profoundly. My family has commented on this and with a little trepidation. I suppose it is because they are somewhat concerned with my mental health.
In fact they think me quite mad. They say I’m obsessed with blogging. They say I’ve lost my mind.
Am I mad? You decide…..
- I carry my camera wherever I go. I will whip it out abruptly and snap pictures often of mundane things at strange angles. I will do what it takes to the right shot even crawling around on all fours, getting in someone’s bushes or just lying flat on my back on a neighbor’s lawn to get some sky shots. I have developed no shame in these circumstances and luckily no one has yelled at me for sprawling out in their yard.
- I look at the sky and wonder if it would make a good background.
- “I can write about that” is sometimes the only thing that gets me out of the house.
- I have 18 spiral notebooks each mostly filled with outlines, notes, quotes and half-baked ideas.
- I feel strange if I don’t “check in” to my site for over 24 hours.
- I have been wearing the same yellow shirt that makes me resemble the female Jack Hanna for the last 9 months.
- I fantasize of being “liked” by Matt Mullenweg.
- I chat online with a fantastic assortment of highly artistic animals, people and objects with odd pseudonyms. I myself am called strawberryindigo. I do get a bit of eye rolling around the house for that one.
- I strut around like a newspaper tycoon; shouting out orders to the cat, keeping the print department up all night with last-minute changes and totally harassing my editor to the point where he won’t speak to me anymore.
- I am considering having “Strawberryindigo.” cards made.
- I am frequently found typing and laughing and swearing under my breath while consuming endless cups of hot caffeine.
- I sometimes dream in WordPress and that my life is an endless post written in bold italics with accompanying pictures.
- I will at times during the night wake up and start spontaneously giggling at an especially funny blog post I read earlier in the day.
- Two words: “The Forums”
- Fretting over the “Publishing Accident” earlier and looking like a complete idiot to 125 subscribers.
- Doing all of the above and having a blast!
“There is a pleasure sure in being mad, which none but madmen know!”
Have a fun day!
- Strawberryindigo: The beginning (strawberryindigo.wordpress.com)