I am stunned and saddened by what has happened in Connecticut today and I am compelled to write this. I suppose that is only human nature; to reach out after such a tragic event. My fingers are flying across the keyboard as I quickly compose this.
First of all, my heart goes out to all the families and to everyone involved…really…my heart goes out to everyone because we are all involved.
I yearn to offer words of comfort, of solace. I want to say that everything will be alright. .
I want to ask ‘Why?!” I want to scream and rage and cry my eyes out! I want to make sense of all this senselessness, but it is all much too shocking and much too fresh…
All I can say at this point is this must stop!
I am frightened at what this world is becoming. I’ve been making light of this end of days business; this crazy notion that the Mayan’s have predicted the world ending on December 21st of this year. I still don’t believe in that insane notion but nevertheless, I am keeping myself and my family at home on that day, not because I believe the world will end but because I doubt the sanity of my fellow humans and I don’t trust in them. I guess I should say “us” because it is “us” and this angers me.
Is this what we humans are about?! We think the world will end so we go crazy…this mania is contagious and if I have helped spread it by my making fun of it, I regret this… and again I say, this time I am screaming; THIS MUST STOP!!!!
Why oh why do we humans need to turn on each other in times of crisis?
This is a rhetorical question I expect no answer…and I really don’t know why I am writing this…I can offer you nothing really, no insight or answers, no comfort but to offer a discourse and a suggestion…a sugggestion that will probably be repeated time and time again over the coming days.
Be there for your loved ones, hug them a little tighter tonight. Be a shoulder to cry on or an ear to talk off, or a heart to reach out with love. Be there; because we need each other–especially right now.
I have tried in the past to keep this blog light…I want to be a port in the storm on a sea of darkness but today is just too dark for that but I will make a promise to you, my friends. On THAT day–you know the one..the day I’ll be staying home, I will be publishing a frivolous distraction and I will do my best to make you smile, perhaps to give you a laugh or two but today the wound is still too fresh but on that day I promise this…
…for now I want to say…. I need to say…I’m sorry…
Take care and remember LOVE is contagious too.
♥ Nancy (aka Strawberryindigo.)
- There are no Words (cindiewilding.typepad.com)
- Another Senseless Act Of Violence (ireport.cnn.com)
- My Condolences Go Out To The Parents… (insidejamarifox.com)
- Conneticut School Shooting: Sandy Hooks (loveismyalterego.wordpress.com)
- Sandy Hook Elementary (postgradmel.com)
- Cuomo, others respond to Connecticut massacre (timesunion.com)
- Obama shares ‘condolences and concern’ (politico.com)
- For The Little Angels In Conneticut (fairiesangelsnurses.wordpress.com)
- Congress Calls Connecticut Shooting ‘Massacre,’ ‘Senseless Tragedy’ (usnews.com)
- At Least 26 Dead, Including 18 Children, Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting (yubanet.com)